Are YOU an Elk?
We Elks are a nation-wide fraternal organization of well over 1.2 million American citizens. We love our country and desire to preserve its cherished institutions, traditions, and values. We respect our neighbors and constantly seek to promote their wellbeing. We love and enjoy life and believe this enjoyment is increased by sharing it with family, friends, and all with whom we come in contact.
- We pledge no advancement of personal or career ambitions; instead we want to help each other become better and happier persons.
- We believe in not merely wishing others well but in manifesting this belief by deeds, seeking to serve rather than to be served.
- To Elks, laughter is better than tears and a kind word is more powerful than a frown. The dream of a better world becomes reality when shaped by enough willing hearts and hands.
- We neither question one’s religion, nor do we exclude anyone because of creed, race, ethnic origin, educational attainment, vocation, material status or physical stature.
- We measure character by what one is and does, not by titles or position. We do not seek to impose different beliefs in place of personal commitments to God, Family and Country, nor do we ask anyone to act in any manner contrary to the dictates of conscience.
- We do not permit religious or political differences to intrude into or have any effect upon fraternal deliberations at the local, district, state or national levels.
- The cardinal principles of the B.P.O. Elks are Charity, Justice, Brotherly Love and Fidelity. With the practice of these virtues your community will be a better place in which to live.
You can join with the millions of fine and noble American citizens who have helped better the destiny and way of life for countless thousands in our country for over 135 years. The generosity is without fanfare and often even without the recipient’s knowledge. You may even have been helped at some point along the way. We have always been there, quietly providing help and encouragement.
Now it is your turn to get involved, to join America’s quiet humanitarians, and begin giving your life new purpose and fulfillment. You will never have to stand alone in an uncaring world around you. Now you will have a nation-wide family of women and men.
To be eligible for membership in the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, you must be a citizen of the United States over the age of 21 who believes in God.